The Local History Room is closed through August 1.
Some time ago, an unknown photographer captured this moment of tranquility on the river. The Old Colony Railroad bridge can be seen in the distance at left, along with at least one of the boathouses that stand between Landing Road and the riverbank. The stone wall at right is the end of the seawall (or river-wall) that runs from the Great Bridge along the property that was once Alexander Holmes’ Jones River Farm.
Kingston’s first Fourth of July parade rolled in 1910. Stop by the Library to see photographs of the festivities, or check out this earlier post.